Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Favorite Quilt Block



This is a picture that I wanted to share of a quilt block I made for a swap on Block Central. It's called Squire Smith's Choice. I made this because that was my grandmother's maiden name. The fabric choice was 30's Reproductions and the swap was for your favorite quilt block. So I did a little research and found this block that originated from the late 1800's. And since we were doing 30's repro. I thought it would be appropriate with the name and everything. I paper pieced it and I must admit that it is only the second time I paper pieced anything. I also had to enlarge it. The pattern was for a 6" block and I needed a 12" block. So there were alot of firsts for me in the making of this block. I learned alot and had fun too. Now the drawing for these is April 15th so maybe I will be lucky and win too! Enjoy!

No comments: